So... food is my one and only friend lately. (sorry guys.) I will drop what i'm doing or ignore you if i smell some delicious food around. (and then get massive heartburn later. whaaaat.)
I came across this recipe for bread twists a few weeks ago on The Recipe Critic and stored it in my brain. I finally made them today for an easy side to oven toasted ravioli. listen up, you guys. i can't stop eating them. this could be a serious problem, especially since they are so simple to make.
THAT BEING SAID. i highly recommend you make them for your family. and try not to eat them all.
1½ cups warm water
2 Tbsp. sugar
1 Tbsp. yeast
3½ cups flour
1 tsp Salt
3 T butter
Grated Parmesan Cheese
1. Mix warm water, sugar and yeast together. Let stand for 5 minutes.
2. Add flour and salt to the water, sugar, and yeast. Mix this until smooth and let it raise for 10 minutes.
3. Roll out the dough in a large square on a floured surface. Brush the dough with the melted butter and sprinkle with parmesan cheese and garlic salt.
4. Fold the dough in half. Cut the dough into one inch strips.
5. Twist the one inch strips of dough and place on a cookie sheet. Let that sit for another 10-15 minutes to raise.
6. Bake at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
7. Immediately after baking brush with more garlic butter and sprinkle with garlic salt and grated parmesan cheese.
You WILL thank me. Promise :)